Honey Lemon Salmon With Roast Vegetables Over Baby Spinach
Recipe by Dragon
I love the subtle sweetness of this dish; honey works so well with salmon and spinach. This is a healthy, colourful and elegant dish. Perfect for a quick dinner or even a dinner party. Enjoy!
2 salmon fillets
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 red pepper, chopped into one inch pieces
1 yellow pepper, chopped into one inch pieces
1 small zucchini, chopped into medium size chunks
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 cups baby spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with some foil.
2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Combine lemon zest, honey, vinegar, 1/2 lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the spinach and use the rest to marinate the salmon for 10 minutes
4. Combine the red pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, olive oil, thyme leaves and remaining lemon juice. Season the vegetables with some salt and pepper. Place salmon on the baking sheet and surround it with vegetables. Drizzle a little of the marinade over the salmon. Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 12 minutes.
5. Toss the baby spinach with the reserved dressing and divide it equally between two plates. Place the roast salmon on top of the spinach and spoon vegetables on top.