Cherry & Peach Sour Cream Muffins
Recipe by Dragon
Happy Birthday to Me! Yes, today is my ##'th birthday. :) At my office the birthday boy/girl is "required" bring in treats. Fortunately, I don't mind one bit. I made a few treats to take into work. The first of the treats were these delicious and moist Cherry & Peach Sour Cream muffins. Aren't they lovely?
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and chopped coarsely
5 cherries, pitted and quartered
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Mix together eggs, melted butter, sugar and sour cream.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add peaches and chopped cherries to the dry ingredients. Toss to coat the fruit.
5. Fold fruit and dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix until just blended.
6. Line muffin tins with paper liners, spoon in mixture. Garnish the top of each muffin with a cherry quarter. Sprinkle the tops with a little sugar.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.