Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Recipe by Dragon
Sometimes you just have to give in to your cravings. Right? Who's with me? The other day I was craving a cheeseburger but instead of driving to the nearest burger joint, I stayed home and made my bacon cheeseburger pizza. Everything you love in a cheeseburger but on a pizza instead of a bun. There is only one word to describe this pizza; indulgent! You're going to love it. :)
Makes: 12 slices
24 oz pizza dough (I used the pizza dough from Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day book)
1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup onions, sliced
3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
1 1/2 cups lean ground beef, cooked
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven with a pizza stone to 375 degrees.
2. Sauté onions and mushrooms until the onions are soft and caramelized. If you have some thyme, added it to the onion mixture for extra flavour.
3. Roll out a piece of dough flat and thin. The pizza should fit the pizza stone with about 2 inches around of space. There is no need to let the dough rest.
4. Spoon the BBQ sauce on top of the pizza dough and spread evenly.
5. Top the BBQ sauce evenly with ground beef, onions, mushroom, tomato slices, bacon and cheeses.
6. Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
7. Allow the pizza to cool slightly before slicing it.