Sweet Chili Salmon With Grilled Potatoes & Asparagus
Recipe by Dragon
Salmon is one of my favourite things to eat. I like it grilled, poached, roasted and even fried. Baking keeps the salmon moist and is my favourite way to prepare it. The Thai chili sauce is sweet with just the right amount of heat. This salmon is easy to prepare and elegant enough for company. Enjoy!
3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
2 salmon fillets
6 small red new potatoes, cut in half
12 stalks of asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
zest of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix the chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, one garlic clove, ginger and pepper.
2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the chili mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
3. Preheat oven to 400 F.
4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
5. While the salmon is baking add the potatoes to boiling salted water for 5 minutes to partially cook them. Remove potatoes from the water and transfer them to a well oiled hot grill.
6. Grill the potatoes along with the asparagus for 5-7 minutes.
7. Combine the olive oil, lime juice, zest, remaining garlic, salt and pepper. Toss the cooked potatoes and asparagus in the dressing and serve with the salmon.