Recipe by Dragon
This is one of my favourite go to pastas for a quick and impressive entree. Everyone loves the bacon and creamy texture. It is a classic for a reason. Enjoy!
6 strips of bacon, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente - reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water for the sauce
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a bowl lined with paper towels. Reserve.
2. Add the garlic and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the cooked pasta and reserved bacon. Combine and cook for 1 minute.
3. Beat the eggs and cream together. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs, stirring quickly until the eggs thicken. Don't let the eggs scramble. Add some of the reserved pasta water if you need to thin out the sauce a bit.
5. Add the cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with extra cheese and parsley.