Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe by Dragon
These oatmeal cookies are so chewy and sweet, you won't be able to resist them. Nor should you, since they are full of the wholesome goodness of oats, apples, cranberries and honey. These cookies are so good for you they should have their own food group. Like I always say; an
Apple Cranberry Oatmeal cookie a day, helps keep the cold weather blahs at bay. Would I ever lead you astray? :) Enjoy!
Makes 36 cookies
3 cup quick oats, uncooked
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg, milk, honey and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well combined.
4. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture and mix at low speed just until blended. Stir in cranberries and apples.
5. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough about 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake one sheet at a time at for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transfering them to a cooling rack.