Roasted Corn with Chili Lime Butter
Recipe by Dragon
I must admit I was someone who would prepare corn by putting it in a big pot of boiling water. Now, the only way I'll eat corn is if it's roasted in it's own husk. Instead of losing flavour in the water, all the wonderful corn goodness stays in the corn. Why would you cook corn any other way? The Chili Lime Butter is a wonderful topping for this corn. I love the colour of the butter and it tastes amazing.
4 ears of corn still in their husks
1/4 cup butter, softened
zest of one lime
juice of half a lime
1/4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. To a cookie sheet add the corn and set in the middle of the oven. Cook for 35-40 minutes.
3. While the corn is roasting, make the chili butter. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix until it's well blended.
4. Put the butter in a bowl and refrigerate until the corn is roasted.
5. Carefully remove the husks and silk off the corn and serve immediately with the butter.