Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
Recipe by Dragon
I have been making these cookies for years and they are always a hit. For me, this is the perfect chocolate chip cookie. They are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. These cookies are the most perfect about 20 minutes after they've come from the oven. I hope you enjoy these cookies.
Makes 3 - 4 dozen cookies
1 cup of butter, soften
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon of strong coffee (liquid)
2 1/4 cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
1. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs (1 at a time), vanilla and coffee and mix well.
2. Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don't over mix!
3. Add chocolate chips and caramel chips.
4. Chill the cookie dough for 1/2 an hour. Preheat oven to 375.
5. Drop the cookies about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in the middle of your oven for 12-14 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the tops start to turn golden.
6. Remove from oven and let sit on the tray for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.