Peach and Cherry Crisp
Recipe by Dragon
Peaches and Cherries are in season right now and I wanted to combine them in a dessert. This is a healthier version of a traditional crisp. I didn't use the traditional butter or white flour. I also limited the use of sugar and I didn't miss it one bit. The toasted almonds add a bit of protein and wonderful crunch to this crisp.
1 1/2 cup peaches, peeled, sliced
1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted, sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup honey
5 tablespoons whole wheat flour
5 tablespoons rolled oats
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F. Coat a 3 cup baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine peaches, cherries, orange juice, vanilla and honey in a bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat, rolled oats, brown sugar, canola oil, honey, cinnamon and almonds. Mix until blended and crumbly.
4. Spoon the fruit into the baking dish evenly.
5. Top the fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake for 20-25 miutes or until the fruit bubbles and the top is golden.
6. Allow crisp to cool for 10 minutes before serving.