Recipe by Dragon
I have yet to serve this dish to anyone who doesn't ask me for the recipe. I love the blend of flavours and it is really simple and quick to prepare. A great weeknight dinner!
1 18 0z package of Potato Gnocchi
3 smoked pork sausages (turkey sausage works great too), sliced
1/4 cup of chopped onions
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of butter
pinch of hot pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
1 cup of frozen peas, run under water to thaw (optional)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the gnocchi according to package instructions.
2. While the gnocchi is cooking, heat up a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the sausage and onions. Cook until sausage is browned and onions are soft.
3. On medium heat, add the garlic, hot pepper flakes, thyme and oregano. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is softened.
4. Drain the gnocchi, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the gnocchi to the sausage mixture. Shake the skillet so the gnocchi doesn't stick. It is ok if the gnocchi browns a bit on the bottom.
5. Add the peas and remaining tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a little of the cooking water to thin out the sauce.
6. Top with parmesan cheese. Let the cheese melt slightly before serving.
This is my entry to Culinarty's Original Recipe Round up.