Spiced Olives With Herbes De Provence & Citrus
Recipe by Dragon
Once you've tried these spiced warm olives, you will want no others. The flavours are amazing but you need to warm the olives to really bring out their heady aroma and taste. Addictive doesn't begin to describe them. Trust me, you will find yourself making these olives often. These are perfect when served with a glass of wine before dinner....your guests will fall in love with them too. These olives will awaken your guests' senses and their appetite.
I enjoy these olives with the spice of dried peppers but you can leave the peppers out and it will still be wonderful. Enjoy!
Makes: 2 cups
1 cup green olives, not packed in oil, drained
1 cup black olives, not packed in oil, drained
1/2 cup fruity olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
(optional) 2 dried piri piri peppers, crushed (or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes)
zest of one lemon, cut into thin strips
zest of one orange, cut into thin strips
Splash balsamic vinegar
1. Over medium heat, warm oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add Herbes de Provence and the dried peppers (if using). Cook and stir often for 1 minute.
4. Add the lemon and orange zest, cook & continue to stir for another 1 minute.
5. Add olives and a splash of balsamic vinegar, continue to stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the olives are warm.
6. Serve immediately or let it cool and reheat before serving.