Dragon's Fury Cocktail
Recipe by Dragon
I made this cocktail for my last 7 Deadly Sins dinner. I started the dinner with Wrath and I wanted a cocktail that would get everyone's attention. Oh this got people's attention all right! It was spicy, sweet and oh so yummy. I asked each of the guests to try a little of the syrup to see how much heat they could handle and adjusted the cocktail to their tastes....but I did dare them to be brave and most were. I loved this cocktail. I hope you do too. Enjoy!
1 part scotch bonnet-ginger syrup (or to taste) *see below
3 parts vodka
3 parts mango nectar
1 part blood orange juice
Fresh mango slices
Scotch Bonnet & Ginger Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 scotch bonnet peppers, trimmed & cut in half
2 oz piece of ginger, peeled & sliced thickly
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Heat the mixture until the sugar & water dissolve and just before boiling. Take off the heat.
2. Remove scotch bonnet peppers about 5 minutes after taking it off the heat. Leave the ginger to steep in the syrup as it cools completely.
3. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
1. Muddle the lime and syrup in a chilled shaker.
2. Fill with ice and add the vodka, mango nectar and blood orange juice.
3. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish to taste.