Spaghettini With Brown Butter, Olives & Feta
Recipe by Dragon With Inspiration From http://kalofagas.ca/
This Greek influenced pasta is a real winner and super easy to pull together. The nuttiness of the browned butter, freshness of the lemons and oregano with the saltiness of the olives and feta make for a great flavour combination. I loved it. Enjoy!
Makes: 2 servings
1/2 lb spaghettini
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup black olives, chopped finely
3 tablespoons chicken broth
Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup of feta, coarsely crumbled
Lemon slices to garnish
1. In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander.
2. While pasta is boiling, melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until the white milk solids have browned, about 5 minutes. It should be a nice honey colour.
3. Add the garlic and oregano and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 2 minutes then add the olives, chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste (remember that the feta is salty so don't over due it with the salt here). Add the cooked spaghettini to the pan and toss it in the sauce.
5. Plate the spaghettini and top with the crumbled feta. Serve with lemon slices.