Baked Eggs With Tomato, Green Onion & Red Pepper
Recipe by Dragon, adapted from LCBO.com
These baked eggs are quick, delicious and nutritious. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch or even a light dinner. Baked egg are a great way to use up leftover vegetables & cheese. The flavour combinations are endless. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil,
1 clove garlic, minced
2 plum tomatoes, chopped & seeded
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
juice of 1/2 a lemon
feta cheese, crumbled
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease 2 ramekins with a little olive oil or butter.
2. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil & garlic over medium heat. Be careful not to let the garlic burn. Add the red peppers and onions. Cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, parsley & lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper (not too much because the feta is salty). Cook for another minute then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Divide the tomato mixture between the ramekins. Create a little well in the middle of each ramekin.
5. Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Season the eggs with a little salt & pepper. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the eggs.
6. Bake in the center of the oven until the eggs are set to your liking. I like the centers a little runny so I only bake for 20 minutes.