Peach and Strawberry Pastry Bundles
Recipe by Dragon
Peaches are my favourite stone fruit. There is nothing better than biting into a messy, juicy, sweet peach. I love wiping peach juices from my chin and licking my fingers. I'm not saying it's a pretty sight but it sure is fun. :) For these bundles I've combined peaches and strawberries but feel free to use raspberries or blueberries. You can't go wrong. Enjoy!
4 large peaches, peeled, chopped into large pieces
2 cups strawberries, hulled, washed, quartered
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine the peaches, strawberries and sugar in a bowl.
3. Mix the flour and the lemon juice together, add it to the fruit and mix gently.
4. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Spoon a 1/4 of the fruit into the center of each square. Don't add too much or they will not close properly. Bring the corners of each square to the middle and create little bundles by pinching the dough together at the top.
5. Place the bundles on a baking sheet. Whisk the egg with a little water to create an egg wash. Brush the tops of the bundles with the egg wash.
6. Sprinkle to tops of the bundles with some course sugar. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the bundles are golden brown.