Cranberry Lemon Muffins
Recipe by Dragon
These are the muffins I made for the bake sale last week. I wanted something that would balance the sweetness of the cinnamon rolls. These muffins did the trick; a lovely combination of tart and sweet. I love it when the cranberries burst open while baking. Yum. Enjoy!
Makes 16 muffins
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons course sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
3. Beat together bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla until blended.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in cranberries just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
5. Sprinkle course sugar evenly over tops of the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.