Cinnamon 'Parry' Rolls
Recipe from Two Peas And Their Pod
I made these Cinnamon Rolls for a charity bake sale. They were so good that people were in a bidding war for the last few rolls. I can definitely say that these cinnamon rolls are MONEY! I loved the smell of my kitchen as they baked. They were warm and gooey and sweet and just a little bit of heaven. You must try them. Thank you Maria from Two Peas And Their Pod and her father for such a great recipe. Enjoy!
Makes: 24 rolls
2 pkg yeast, dissolved in 1 cup lukewarm water
6 tablespoon of shortening
1 cup sugar
7 cups flour or more as needed (it will take more)
2 cups hot water
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon salt
Cream cheese and Buttermilk Frosting (recipe below)
1. Add yeast to cup of lukewarm water and sprinkle in a little sugar. Set aside for about five minutes.
2. Add shortening, sugar, and salt to hot water and cool to lukewarm. Stir in 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast and mix again until smooth. Add in beaten eggs.
3. Stir in remainder of flour, a little at a time until no more can be mixed in. Remove the mixer attachment and knead by hand, adding flour until dough does not stick to the bowl. Remove from bowl and knead until dough feels satiny and looks smooth.
4. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Lightly knead and roll out into rectangular shape. Spread with softened butter. Sprinkle on brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. (make sure you use LOTS of brown sugar...you can omit the raisins, but my family loves them, and sprinkle on loads of cinnamon. we never measure but be very generous.)
5. Roll into one long roll. To cut use a piece of string or floss. Place on well greased pans and let rise until double in bulk. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until brown-only about 5-7 more minutes.
After cooled, frost (see recipe below).
Cream Cheese And Buttermilk Frosting
Recipe by Dragon
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until everything is blended.
2. Add more or less buttermilk depending on the consistency you want.