Savoury And Spicy Pork Button Ribs
Recipe by Dragon
These savoury pork button ribs make me think of summer. I cooked these gorgeous ribs in the oven but they can easily be grilled on a barbeque when the weather is nicer....which I hope will be really soon. :) Enjoy!
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 large bay leaf, crumbled fine
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon kosher or coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 lbs of pork button ribs
lemon slices to garnish
1. Using a mortar and pestle (or food processor), mash the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, chili paste, sugar, black pepper, olive oil and lemon juice into a paste.
2. Put the paste mixture into a large ziploc bag. Add ribs to the bag, seal the bag and rub the paste all over the ribs. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Let the ribs sit a room temperature until the oven is preheated.
4. Arrange the ribs on a lightly greased cookie sheet and place in the center of the oven. Cook ribs for about 30-40 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and are fully cooked; turn occasionally.
5. Let the ribs rest for 5 minutes then cut the them into sections. Squeeze some lemon juice over the ribs and serve with additional lemon slices.