Mango Coconut Muffins
Recipe by Dragon
It's December and the holiday season is upon us. I love this season and I'm so excited to do lots and lots of baking. I like giving homemade baked treats as presents. In fact, it's expected by my friends and family. I have one friend who shares the truffles I make for her every year with her mother-in-law. She tells her mother-in-law that she made them herself. I wonder what she'll do if I stop making them for her? :) Thankfully, I don't mind her taking the credit.
I've decided that for the rest of the month I'm only going to post about cookies, candies, cakes, breads and other yummy baked goods. I suspect there won't be too many complaints. For today, I have these gorgeous Mango Coconut muffins. They provide a little bit of sunshine on the cold winter mornings. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup pureed mango (about 3 small mangoes)
2/3 cup mango, peeled and cut into small cubed
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat together brown sugar, eggs, butter, milk, yogurt, vanilla and pureed mango until blended.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in cubed mango and coconut just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
5. Sprinkle some coconut over the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.