Recipe by Dragon
Lately, I've been eating a lot of pizza since last month's Daring Baker's challenge. Pizza is a great way to get creative in the kitchen and use up leftovers. In the case of this pizza, the leftover chicken tasted better than in the original dish!
This pizza is both delicious and healthy. How can you go wrong? Enjoy!
Makes 1 pizza
Pizza dough, enough for a 8 inch pizza (I used this one)
1 cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup red onions, chopped
10 grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup of black olives, sliced
1/4 feta cheese, crumbled
1 garlic clove, minced finely
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
all-purpose flour for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 500°. Place a pizza stone on the lowest rack in the oven at least 45 minutes before baking pizza.
2. Lightly flour a clean surface and pat out the dough evenly. If the dough is sticky, dust it with a little with some more flour.
3. Dust a baker's peel with flour and carefully transfer dough to it. Make sure that the dough doesn't stick to the peel.
4. Combine the oil, garlic, herbs and pepper. Use the flavoured oil to brush the entire surface of the pizza.
5. Top the pizza with chicken, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Brush the toppings lightly with the flavoured oil.
6. Transfer the pizza dough to the pizza stone with the baker's peel. Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is cooked and brown.
7. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board. Slice and serve.