Recipe by Dragon
Come on everyone, sing it with me!
"Let me hear you say .... This bread is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"Sorry, I was channeling Gwen Stefani there for a minute. Won't happen again, I promise. :) Still, this banana coconut bread is pretty darn good. Enjoy!
Makes 1 loaf
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extra
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
1/2 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts (optional)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 9x5x2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and blend.
3. Combine eggs, coconut milk, yogurt, vanilla, coconut extract and mashed bananas and add them to the flour mixture. Blend well but don't overmix.
4. Fold in the nuts, coconut and white chocolate into the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan Smooth the top of the batter. Garnish with banana slices and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Spoon
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool the loaf completely before serving.