Eggs In Prosciutto Cups
Recipe by Dragon
I made these eggs as a treat for my lazy Sunday morning breakfast. I served them with some tomatoes, cucumbers, buttered multigrain toast and a frothy cappuccino. It was a delicious way to start the day! All though, I think this breakfast would be great as a quick brunch or lunch or snack or early dinner or late dinner or midnight snack. : ) Enjoy!
4 slices Prosciutto
1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon shallot, very finely chopped
1 teaspoon butter, cold and cut into 4 pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons Gruyere cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line two large muffin cups with 2 slices each of Prosciutto. Make sure that the sides and bottoms are covered. Let the excess Prosciutto hang over the sides.
3. In each cup, crack 2 eggs. Top each egg with 1/2 of the oregano, shallot and butter.
4. Add a little salt and pepper and then top each egg with 1/2 the shredded gruyere cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set but still runny and the Prosciutto is crispy.
6. To remove each cup from the muffin tin, use a small spatula to loosen the Prosciutto and transfer to a plate.