Chocolate Coconut Truffles
Sweets For My Sweets And A Small Break
Recipe by Dragon
I must leave you, my sweets, but just for a little while. I will be taking a short break from my blog to work on a project that will take most of my free time for the next 5 weeks. I have been trying to do both for a couple of weeks now but I find I'm having trouble keeping up. As a result I haven't posted as often as I would like.
I will try and keep up with everyone's blogs but I won't be posting here regularly. Rest assured I will be back and I'll bring lots of delicious creations for you.
To leave you with something sweet, I created these luscious Chocolate Coconut Truffles. I think the key to these is the addition of the espresso powder. It really brings the chocolate to life. This recipe can easily be doubled or halved. But why would anyone want just half? Enjoy.
Makes: About 40 truffles.
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons coconut rum (I use Malibu Rum)
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream, espresso and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the rum and stir to combine.
2. Combine the chocolates in a bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and let rest, without stirring, for one minute.
3. Whisk the chocolate mixture until it has a smooth consistency.
4. Chill the chocolate until it is firm, at least 3 hours.
5. To make the truffles, scoop out a small spoonful of chocolate and roll it, in your palms, into a ball.
6. Drop the truffle into the coconut and coat it completely. Repeat with the remaining chocolate to make about 40 truffles.
7. Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.