Herb Stuffed Tomatoes
Recipe by Dragon
I brought these stuffed tomatoes to a friend's dinner party this past weekend. I wanted something I could assemble at home and just bake off at the dinner. It is an easy and elegant side dish. This is a perfect dish to mix and match whatever herbs and cheeses you have on hand.
6 medium vine tomatoes
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1/3 cup cheddar, grated
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Cut a small slice off the end of the tomatoes to allow them stand up on their own. Cut the tops off the tomatoes. With a small spoon, scoop out the pulp and seeds. Be careful not to pierce the skin. Discard the seeds and chop up the pulp.
3. Combine the pulp, herbs, bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper and mix until combined.
4. Fill each tomato with the herb and cheese mixture and place in a greased casserole dish.
5. Drizzle the top of each tomato with some olive oil. Bake until the tops are brown, about 20-25 minutes.