Recipe by Dragon
7 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
¼ cup + 2 tbsp sweet marsala
8 oz mascarpone, softened to room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup brewed espresso coffee
1 oz dark chocolate
¼ cup rum
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Cream together egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl.
2. Set over a pot of simmering water. Add ¼ cup of the marsala and continue to whisk until mixture is thick and doubled in volume. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the mascarpone until completely blended.
4. In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, to lighten.
5. In a small saucepan, combine espresso, chocolate, rum, vanilla and remaining 2 tbsp marsala. Heat gently, and stir to dissolve the chocolate. Chill the mixture to cool it down, approximately 15 minutes.
6. Quickly dip each Ladyfinger in the chilled coffee mixture and arrange in a single layer on a 9x13” glass baking dish. Do not soak the cookies or they will become too moist. Spread half of the mascarpone cream evenly with a spatula on top of the dipped Ladyfingers. Repeat with a second layer of dipped Ladyfingers and remaining mascarpone cream. Sprinkle top with cocoa powder.
7. Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours before serving.