Dragon's Rolo Brownies
Recipe by Dragon
Makes 8 to 10 servings, depending on the appetites of the eaters and the size ofthe brownies!
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts (almonds or pecans), chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini Rolos
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 9x13-inch square pan.
2. Place the softened butter in a large bowl and whisk until it is pale yellow and light. Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy. Whisk in the cooled chocolate, then add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
3. Sift flour, cocoa, cinnamon and the salt together and fold them into the batter until combined.
4. Fold in the nuts, chips and rolos until they are well distributed throughout the batter.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, smoothing it out evenly, and bake in the center of the oven until the brownies have puffed slightly around the edges and are shiny on the surface, about 30 minutes. They will be very moist in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into squares.