Dragon's Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Dragon
I get asked to make these cookies often. Actually, a lot. People like that they are crunchy on the outside and soft & chewy on the inside....but mostly it's because they are big! The keys to the perfect cookie are to not over mix the cookie dough and to chill the dough before baking. Enjoy!
Makes 18 cookies
1 cup of butter, soften
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon of strong coffee (liquid)
1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
2 1/4 cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of cinnamon
1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs (1 at a time), vanilla, coffee and maple syrup. Mix well.
2. Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don't over mix!
3. Add chocolate chips, gently fold them into the cookie mix.
4. Chill the cookie dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375.
5. Drop the cookies (I used a large ice cream scoop to drop the cookies on the tray, you should get 6 per tray) 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in the middle of your oven for 10-12 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the tops turn golden.
6. Remove from oven and let sit on the tray for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.