Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe by Dragon
Healthy and delicious, these muffins will please everyone. I find a little chocolate always makes eating healthy easier. What? Don't look at me like that. I consider chocolate a food group. :) Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick rolled oats + some for garnish
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large ripened bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs & sugars lightly. Add the milk, butter, vanilla and the mashed banana. Combine thoroughly but don't over mix.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate chips just until combined.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally. Sprinkle some oats over the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.