Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Dragon
I'm back, I'm rested and I missed you all very much! But, I didn't come back empy handed. I brought you some delicious treats. You are going to love these cookies. They are crispy on the outside, soft & gooey on the inside and full of good stuff.
I wanted to make them really decadent so I doubled the size of the cookies. They needed to be extra decadent because I made these for a very special occasion, my birthday! :) Enjoy!
Makes: 1 or 2 dozen depending on your preference
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixer bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg and vanilla, beating well.
3. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
5. Stir in the oatmeal, chocolate chips and raisins.
6. Drop 2 tablespoons of dough into mounds onto a parchment lined cookie sheets. I made my mounds bigger by using an ice cream scoop. Space mounds about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden around the edges about 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool the cookies on sheets for 5 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.