Spinach and Feta Bundles
Recipe by Dragon
These easy to make, Greek inspired appetizers are going to disappear quickly. Be sure to make plenty of these lovely little bundles of joy. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until they are tender. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes. Add the herbs, feta cheese and lemon juice; mix well. Transfer the spinach mixture to a bowl.
4. Whisk one of the eggs and add it to the spinach mixture; mix well.
5. Cut each of the puff pastry sheets into 9 equal squares. Spoon a small amount of spinach into the center of each square. Don't add too much or they will not close properly. Bring the corners of each square to the middle and create little bundles by pinching the dough together at the top.
6. Place the bundles on a baking sheet. Whisk the second egg and brush the tops of the bundles with the egg. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.