Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Recipe by Dragon
I love biscotti with an espresso in the morning. When you add chocolate to the mix, well, it's a little bit of heaven. Enjoy!
Makes 24 cookies
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soften
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate coating (optional):
4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well combined.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
4. On a well floured surface roll dough into 2 logs, 4 inches in width. Transfer the logs to the parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake until firm, about 35 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
6. On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet, and bake until crisp about 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Fill a small pot with enough water to come 2 inches up the side, set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Combine the dark chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a small metal and set over the simmering pot. Stir occasionally until melted, then remove from the heat.
8. Dip the cooled biscotti half way in the chocolate and place on parchment paper to set, about 30 minutes.