Recipe by Dragon
Summer is long gone now but I'm having trouble letting go. Who says I can't have a summer salad in autumn? Right? So, I took out my grill pan and created this gorgeous salad with asparagus and the last of my cherry tomatoes. Simple to make and full of great flavour. Enjoy!
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
2 cups cheery tomatoes, cut in half
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
pinch of sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, toss the aspargus with 1/2 the olive oil. In a grill pan, grill the asparagus over a medium heat until it is cooked but still tender.
2. In the same bowl you used to toss the asparagus, combine the tomatoes and garlic. Toss to coat with the olive oil. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the grill pan. Grill for 1 minute, making sure not to burn the garlic. Remove from the heat.
3. Cut the aspargus into thirds and combine with them the tomatoes and garlic.
4. Whisk together the rest of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to asparagus and tomatoes. Toss to combine.
5. Garnish the vegetables with the parsley and serve. This can be served both warm and at room temperature.
P.S. Don't you just love the bowl? :)