Raspberry and Blackberry Galette
Recipe by Dragon
I absolutely love simple desserts made with fresh berries. The rustic look of this berry galette is sure to please. It takes just minutes to put together. I like to serve this galette warm with a simple vanilla ice cream.
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1 1/2 cups blackberries
zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rollout puff pastry to a 11" x 11" square. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
3. In a bowl, combine the berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Stir gently.
4. Place the berry mixture in a mound at the centre of the puff pastry, leaving a 2 1/2" edge around. Try to leave any excess juice in the bowl.
5. Gather the edges of the puff pastry towards the centre around the berries.
6. Combine the egg and milk. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle sugar the top of the pastry.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden.
8. Heat the jam in the microwave for 1 minute until it is runny. Brush the top of the berries gently with the jam to give them some shine.
9. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.