Grilled Pineapple with Rum Syrup
Recipe by Dragon
Grilled pineapple is a wonderful summer time dessert. You could easily serve these with a vanilla or coconut ice cream but I prefer them all on their own.
1/2 cup Malibu Rum (coconut flavoured rum)*
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup liquid honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of allspice
1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced into 12
1. Combine rum, sugar, honey, vanilla and allspice into a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the pineapple slices to the bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Grill the pineapple for 4-5 minutes per side. Baste with the rum syrup occasionally.
4. Serve warm with ice cream or on it's own.
* Note: You can replace the rum with pineapple juice.