Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Recipe by Dragon
I have to admit that I'm very particular about what I look for in the perfect muffin. Sadly, most of the muffin recipes I've tried over the years have produced dry muffins. So, I spent some time working on my own recipe. I find that bananas work well for making muffins moist. Blueberries give the muffin some sweetness and a little lemon gives it a fresh taste. These muffins are light and fresh tasting without being too sweet. The top is crunchy and the center is very moist. The perfect muffin!
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the lemon rind.
3. Beat together bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla until blended.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in blueberries just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
5. For the topping, combine sugar and remaining lemon rind in small dish. Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.