Marinated Grilled Asparagus
2 lb. of fresh asparagus with thick stalks
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, stems removed
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 cup of olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the grill for 15 minutes on high
2. Wash the asparagus in cold water and pat dry. Snap the bottom tough portion of the fresh asparagus off and place the stalks into a large sealable plastic bag. Add the oil and the remaining ingredients. Let the vegetables marinate for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn one burner off and turn the burners down to medium.
4. Drain the marinade and reserve for dipping sauce. Place the asparagus in a foil pouch and close. Place the pouch on the grill and cook with the lid closed for 10 minutes, turning at least twice.
5. Serve the asparagus warm off the grill. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and season to taste