Dragon's Amaretti Brownie Cheesecake
Recipe by Dragon
I won first place in a Bake Off today with this yummy creation. It my own Dragon's Amaretti Brownie Cheesecake and its divine. :) Enjoy.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp espresso powder
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 x 8 oz (250 g) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pure almond extract
1 1/3 cups whipping cream
1 tbsp Amaretto liquor
2 oz white chocolate, melted
2 oz dark chocolate, melted
4 amaretti cookies, crushed
1. For brownie layer, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch springform cake pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter and pour into a larger bowl. Sift cocoa and espresso powder into butter and stir in sugar.
3. Add eggs to mixture, blending well after each addition.
4. Stir in vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cocoa mixture and blend.
6. Stir in nuts. Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes, until firm. Cool completely before adding filling.
1. For cheesecake layer, place chopped chocolate in a bowl over a pot of gently simmering water and stir to melt. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Remove from heat.
2. Beat cream cheese until fluffy with electric beaters or in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment on high speed. Slowly add sugar while mixing and beat in vanilla and almond extract.
3. Pour in whipping cream and amaretto. Whip into cream cheese on high speed, until mixture becomes firm and holds a peak. Do not over mix it or it will become limp.
4. Scrape chocolate into cheese mixture and blend quickly.
5. Scrape filling onto brownie base and spread evenly.
6. Chill cake for at least 2 hours before slicing.
1. To garnish, remove springform pan and pull the parchment paper off the sides of the cake.
2. Sprinkle Amaretti crumbs over cake.
3. Drizzle top with white chocolate and dark chocolate.